Adhesives AS 75, AS 100 and AS Latex. Cementitious Adhesives.
The adhesives are substances of different nature, chemistry, organic, inorganic and mixed, that allow to hold together the surfaces of two different bodies. The correct choice of the type of adhesive is the basis of a correct laying operation.
white cementitious adhesives
CLASSIFICATION PER EN 12004
AS 75 is an improved (2) cementitious (C) deformable (S1) adhesive, with anti-slip properties (T) and with extended open time (E), in class C2TE-S1.
WHERE TO USE
-Indoor and outdoor installation on floors, pavings or walls of glass mosaics mounted on paper or mesh backing, of any thickness or weight.
-Installation of ceramic and glass mosaics on cementitious substrates and substrates waterproofed with cementitious waterproofing membranes compatible with cementitious adhesives.
-Installation of mosaics over ceramic and marble tiles and natural stones.
-Installation of floor coverings subject to heavy traffic.
-Installation on heated floors.
-Installation of mosaics on plasterboard panels (previously treated with a suitable PRIMER.
Super-white powder adhesive containing cement, quartz powder with selected particle size, powdered Carrara Marble, synthetic resins and additives formulated for excellent applicational properties and strong bonding indoors and outdoors.
Classification per EN 12004 C2TE-S1.
- Excellent workability
- Extended open time
- No vertical slip
Not for use for the following:
- Installation of stones and natural stone mosaics vulnerable to damp and efflorescence.
- Installation on substrates with rising damp.
- Installation on loose plasters.
- Installation on walls or floors where large amounts of deformation are possible.
- Installation on surfaces in metal, PVC, rubber or linoleum.
- Installation where swift return to light foot traffic use is required.
- Installation on concrete which has been cured for less than 3 months, with risk of large amounts of deformation.
- Installation directly on gypsum plaster walls, ready-to-use gypsum plasters and anhydrite screeds (apply a coat of insulating PRIMER before the adhesive).
All applications not covered by this document must be cleared with our technical assistance service in advance.
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.
The above instructions and information, while they reflect our experience, are nonetheless guidelines and must be confirmed by exhaustive practical testing; before using
the product, make sure that it is suited to the intended application. The user is responsible for all consequences of its use.
For further information please download AS 75 Technical Sheet.
CLASSIFICATION ACCORDING TO EN 12004
AS 100 is a C2TE class cementitious (C), improved (2), slip-resistant (T), extended open time (E) adhesive.
AREAS OF USE
To bond the following materials on internal and external walls and floors:
- Glass, ceramic and marble mosaic with suitable mesh backing.
Some application examples of AS 100:
- Bonding ceramic and glass mosaics and marble mosaic not moisture sensitive to damp to on cementitious render, starting from the bottom working upwards.
- Bonding mosaics on substrates with special shapes without the mosaic tesserae slipping.
- Bonding mosaics on plasterboard panels.
AS 100 mixed with AS LATEX:
- Bonding mosaics in swimming pools, on render or on substrates waterproofed with a cementitious waterproofing membrane.
- Bonding mosaics on existing internal ceramic tiles.
AS 100 is a very fine, white powder made from cement, selected aggregates, synthetic resins and special additives. When mixed with the right amount of water or AS LATEX, AS 100 forms a mortar with the following characteristics:
- creamy paste with good workability;
- excellent adhesion to most materials normally used in the building industry;
- highly thixotropic; does not run or drip when applied on vertical surfaces and prevents even heavy mosaic sheets from slipping;
- particularly long open and adjustment times to make laying operations easier.
N.B.: When AS 100 is mixed with AS LATEX and water, the adhesive has even better characteristics and complies with the requirements of class C2E S1 according to EN 12004 (improved, highly deformable cementitious adhesive with extended open time).
Use AS 100 mixed with AS LATEX and water in the following cases:
- to install glass or ceramic mosaics on non-absorbent surfaces
- to install glass or ceramic mosaics in swimming pools, tanks and similar structures, including on absorbent substrates.
Do not use AS 100 in the following cases:
- on wood or wooden conglomerates;
- on the surface of metal, rubber, PVC and linoleum;
- to install ceramic tiles that require a layer of adhesive thicker than 5 mm; Particularly damp substrates lengthen the setting time of AS 100.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
AS 100 is an irritant and contains cement which produces an irritating alkaline reaction if it comes into contact with perspiration or other bodily fluids. Use protective gloves and goggles. Avoid contact with the eyes and skin.
For further, more complete information on how to use the product safely, we recommend consulting the latest version of the Safety Data Sheet.
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.
Although the technical details and recommendations contained in this data sheet correspond to the best of our knowledge and experience, all the above information must, in all cases, be taken as merely indicative and subject to confirmation after long-term, practical applications. For this reason, anyone who intends using this product must ensure beforehand that it is suitable for the envisaged application. In all cases, the user alone is fully responsible for any consequences deriving from the use of the product.
For further information please download AS 100 Technical Sheet.
AS LATEX is a type of latex intended for mixing into AS 100, either as is or diluted 1:1 with water, in order to meet the requirements defined in EN 12004 for the following classifications:
WHERE TO USE
AS LATEX DILUTED 1:1 WITH WATER + AS 100
Bonding on internal and external floors or vertical surfaces of glass or ceramic mosaic on paper or mesh backings, including very heavy types.Some application examples:
• Laying of vitreous or ceramic mosaic on non-absorbent substrates;
• Laying of vitreous or ceramic mosaic in swimming-pools, ponds or similar locations, even on absorbent substrates;
• Laying of vitreous or ceramic mosaic on deformable substrates (plasterboard panels, reinforced concrete, fibre-cement board and wood and wood-based products, provided they are securely anchored).
AS LATEX is a very fluid, pinkish-white liquid composed of an aqueous dispersion of an extremely elastic polymer which, when mixed with cement based adhesives, improves their adhesion to all substrates, deformability and impermeability, once hydration has taken place.
AS LATEX mixed with AS 100 must never be used:
• for installing stone slabs liable to moisture movement;
• for installing marble or natural stone liable to efflorescence or moisture staining;
• for installing tiles in ponds, swimming-pools or cold stores that need to be put into service quickly;
• for installing on metal, rubber, PVC and linoleum surfaces;
• at temperatures lower than +5°C or higher than +40°C
In hot, dry climates the open time of adhesive made by mixing AS LATEX with AS 100 is shorter and a skin forms on the surface; this must be removed by trowelling the adhesive.
PRODUCT FOR PROFESSIONAL USE.
While accurate to the best of our knowledge, the information and recommendations provided above must always be taken as purely guideline and must be confirmed by full practical trials. Therefore, before using the product, prospective users are responsible for determining whether or not it is suitable for the intended use, and accept all liabilities which may derive from its use.
AS 100 + AS LATEX DILUTED 1:1 WITH WATER
Installation of mosaic of all kinds with improved white deformable cement based adhesive, with no vertical slip and long open time, obtained by mixing cement based adhesive (Mosaico+ S.r.l. AS 100) with special latex (Mosaico+ S.r.l. AS LATEX) diluted 1:1 with water. The adhesive must be classified as C2 ES1 in accordance with EN 12004
For further information please download AS Latex Technical Sheet.